Want to bring a new initiative of wellbeing back to your team? Apply for our *NEW* Coaching and Support program for Teams. Fill out this Application for Coaching to be considered for this program. Ten teams will be chosen for 2022-23, and will be matched with one of our Past the Pandemic behavioral health professionals. A robust Team Guide will be provided to you, along with at least 5 direct support sessions. You must have attended one of the below programs to participate.
Past the Pandemic will offer registration at three different levels.
Past the Pandemic: Coping in COVID
Next Series beginning July 20, 2022! Register below.
This is the foundational program, previously known as Past the Pandemic: Mental Wellbeing for You & Your Patients, is for individuals and which we recommend you start with, prior to considering our second iteration of the program, Past the Pandemic: Beyond Burnout Workshop (see descriptions and differences below).
- Participants will recognize the centrality of social connectedness to manage the COVID-19 crisis.
- Participants will understand the use of the Stress Continuum model as a self-awareness tool.
- Participants will learn to utilize tools to mitigate stress injury impact, such as Individualized Resiliency Planning, “Battery charges”, effective communication skills, and mindfulness practices.
- Participants will feel supported by the ECHO series and Past the Pandemic communities and have access to the Well-Being Support Line for additional mental health support.
This series offers health care providers and other staff working in health care settings strategies to name, normalize, and validate worries and experiences during this pandemic and beyond. Each topic will have self-paced video modules providing helpful, tangible tools in a psychoeducational format. By understanding stress along a continuum, participants will learn how to manage stress and loss, increase capacity to prevent burnout, elevate connectedness and mindfulness, and promote self-efficacy and quality patient care.
During each session, mental health clinicians will show video presentations from experts on each topic providing helpful, tangible tools in a psychoeducational format, with opportunities for integration of material and connection with other health care workers. Participants will also have access to the Past the Pandemic website with these video modules and additional resources, including a Toolkit.
The Past the Pandemic Toolkit is a self-paced PDF document. It was built to accompany this series with additional exercises, worksheets, and opportunities for reflection and a rich resource list with active links. It is meant to be a guide to use alongside the video modules, but it can also be shared with others in your teams and organizations to spread knowledge, as it is a self-explanatory resource.
Past the Pandemic: Coping in COVID registration will allow access to:
- 6 weeks of Asynchronous self-paced video content with opportunity to attend Live sessions to discuss and view modules.
- Past the Pandemic Toolkit with worksheets, material and resources
- Ongoing support from the Past the Pandemic community, including future invitations to quarterly check-ins, retreats and resiliency summits.
- Utilization of Department of Psychiatry resources such as the Well-Being Support Line to review material and seek additional mental health support.
Please click below to register for this program. You will be directed to the ECHO Colorado page and will need to create an account to register.
Past the Pandemic: Beyond Burnout Workshop
Innovating Team Approaches to Overwhelming Stress
- Participants will understand various types of stress injury and how stress can be both helpful and impairing.
- Participants will learn the Stress Continuum model and Battery Snapshot and how to implement these as awareness and communication tools for individuals and teams.
- Participants will understand the importance of planning “green choices” to mitigate stress.
- Participants will develop an actionable resiliency plan for individuals and teams drawing from themes of Psychological First Aid.
- Participants will feel supported by the Past the Pandemic community and know how to access resources, such as facilitated ongoing resource rooms.
This is a just-in-time 3.5-hour workshop. The first half will be dedicated to learning about the experience of stress as an individual and tools to mitigate stress injury impact in healthcare settings. The second half of the workshop will address how to integrate the Stress Continuum model and Battery Snapshot into work settings and expand on tangible strategies to build capacity within your team and as an individual. During this workshop, your facilitators will provide curriculum, interactive activities, and discussion to build community and connection.
There are no pre-requisites for this program. At the workshop, you will gain access to all video modules and resources from the foundational program, Past the Pandemic: Coping in COVID, which includes topics on grief, connection, relationships, role management, mindfulness, and sleep.
You can sign up for any workshop as an individual. We also encourage you to invite members of your team to participate & make it an enriching experience.
Please click below to register for this program. Upon completion of the course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion as an Ambassador of Wellbeing in the Work Place!
Past the Pandemic: Coping in COVID self-paced CANVAS course
This course is an asynchronous, self-paced offering, giving you an ability to access the content in your own time. It offers the same curriculum as original Coping in COVID program above, but without a live session commitment.
This course offers health care providers and other staff working in health care settings strategies to name, normalize, and validate worries and experiences during this pandemic and beyond. Each topic will have self-paced video modules providing helpful, tangible tools in a psychoeducational format. By understanding stress along a continuum, participants will learn how to manage stress and loss, increase capacity to prevent burnout, elevate connectedness and mindfulness, and promote self-efficacy and quality patient care.
The Goals of this course are to...
- Recognize signs and symptoms of burnout
- Prevent impact of stress injury
- Build competence in responding to stress in the Pandemic and beyond
- Learn tools and strategies to bring back to your teams & promote self-efficacy in the work place.
Upon registering, you will receive an invitation to participate in this course. Upon completion of the course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion as an Ambassador of Wellbeing in the Work Place!
Upon completing any of the above programs, you will be invited to participate in ongoing Resource Rooms and join the Past the Pandemic community to support one another with a common language and share initiatives.
Thank you for your interest. We hope to see you in one of our programs soon!